All you need to know before renting a house – part 2
You also need to know that:
- In residential leases, the rent is formed freely and binds both parties.
- The lease term expires, when the singed time is passed, without requiring anything else.
- The rent has to be paid to date, after the landlord and the tenant have agreed.
- Guarantee is not an obligation of the tenant.
- You should not accept and do not sign any conditions you do not understand or with whom you do not absolutely agree. Many rental agreements, adverse conditions are contained, e.g. “If the tenant terminate the lease before the agreed expiry date, shall pay all rents until the end.” Such terms must be deleted.
- The owner has the obligation to deliver to the tenant, a suitable for use house, and agree to keep it fit, during the lease.
- The owner bears the burden of the property.
- The tenant is not liable for damages or changes arising in the agreed use.
So we can vindicate:
- The landlord to take the responsibility to make, at his own expense, the necessary repairs at the home (e.g. painting, window repairs, etc.), to be appropriate for living
- The landlord to take the responsibility to repair, at his own expense, damages, caused to be at the house. Of course, the owner is not required to restore damages we are causing, due to misuse of the house.
- Once you agree, sign a written rental contract and demand a copy certified by the IRS. In any case, you do not accept suggestions for rent receipts or contracts for different amounts than the actual. You then become an accomplice in fraud.
- You, for your part, as tenants, must show consistency, to the payment of rents, good use of the house and the application of the building regulations.
- The tenant at the end of the lease has an obligation to give back the house in the state, which it was received.
- If you reach out in a real estate office, make sure it is legit. The broker is entitled to compensation only if you rent the house, they offered you. Therefore, pay, after signing the contract with the owner.
- Visit and check the houses by daylight.
- Before you decide to sign a contract, get informed, for all expenses that will be borne by the home over than rent.
This pretty much is a basic guide to make the Rightmove for a good cooperation with realtors and things you should know before renting a house.